Blast kills 7 police, 22 civilians in Pakistan's Quetta

Adjust Comment Print

Security forces are frequently attacked by militants in the province. Security forces reached the location and cordoned off the area and a security sweep was underway.

In the drive-by shooting, two men on a motorcycle shot and killed police inspector Abdus Salam as he was on his way to work.

The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan claimed responsibility for the attack.

"The people and government of Balochistan will not be deterred from the fight against terrorism", Zehri said, adding the fight will continue till the last terrorist remains.

CONDEMNATIONS: Condemnations started pouring in from all over the country following the blast.

Reports said that 10 of the injured were taken to CMH.

Sri Lanka Agree to Play T20I in Lahore; Upul Tharanga Pulls Out
Sri Lanka Cricket on Monday confirmed their decision to send its team to Pakistan for the third T20I in Lahore on October 29. Pakistan shifted their "home" matches to the UAE after the 2009 militant attack.

He prayed for the eternal peace of departed souls and grant of courage to the families to bear this irreparable loss and also directed best medical treatment for the injured and prayed for their swift recovery. "Balochistan is on the forefront of this fight and we will not stop until there is not a single terrorist left in the area", the home minister added.

Pakistani leaders, including Imran Khan, and members of the civil society condemned the attack, praying for the victims.

Pakistan has faced many attacks on security forces since the start of Operation Zarb-e-Azb and then Operation Raddul Fasaad, particularly Balochistan and FATA.

On August 12, at least 15 people, among them eight soldiers, were martyred and 40 others wounded when a suicide bomber targeted a military truck near the Pishin bus stop in Quetta.

The bombing occurred in the city of Quetta, the capital of the province of Balochistan, which shares borders with Afghanistan and Iran, police official Khurshid Khan told dpa.

At least nine security personnel and a civilian were killed in separate terror attacks in Pakistan's southwest and northwest on Wednesday.