He added: "There was no sign that Ousmane Dembele would not be here".
Social media was subsequently abuzz with conflicting rumours that Dembele, who would become Barcelona's fourth summer signing following the respective additions of Marlon Santos, Gerard Deulofeu and Nelson Semedo, was still in Paris and awaiting permission to fly to Catalonia.
According to AFP, Dembele was involved in a training ground bust up with Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Burki earlier this week and has spoken of his desire to one day play for Barca.
Barca have always been linked with a move for the 20-year-old winger, but have acted on their interest after selling Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for €222 million, with some reports stating Dembele has already agreed to the move.
Callum Bunce of Ladbrokes said: "Dembele couldn't have made his intentions any clearer with his recent actions, and the money suggests it's surely only a matter of time before the club let go of their prized asset".
Manhunt Underway in Mo. After Police Officer Fatally Shot During Traffic Stop
Police said that after shooting Michael, the suspect fled in his vehicle , then crashed a few blocks away. He is wanted for questioning in the death late Sunday of 37-year-old Clinton police officer Gary Michael.
They added that Dembele moving to the Catalan side is "not now likely".
Should Dortmund allow Dembele to move to La Liga ahead of the new season?
"As there is no other offer from FC Barcelona to date, there is now no transfer of the player to FC Barcelona and this is not now likely".
The former Rennes star, who only joined Dortmund last summer, was absent on Thursday with the club struggling to find his whereabouts.
Borussia Dortmund admit Ousmane Dembele has gone AWOL.
"He wasn't there this morning and if I am completely honest I have to say that I have no idea why he wasn't", said Bosz. We hope nothing bad has happened'.