Criminal complaint filed against man who assaulted Delta flight attendant

Adjust Comment Print

Officials say a Delta Airlines flight bound for Beijing returned to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport after a passenger assaulted a flight attendant.

Hudek punched one of the passengers in the face and continued to attempt to open the door.

The Boeing 767-300ER, which had taken off at 5:24 p.m. PT, turned back and landed at Sea-Tac airport at 7:09 p.m. PT, flight-tracking website FlightAware shows.

Almost an hour into the flight, a 23-year old man sitting in first class assaulted a Delta employee, and had to be restrained by fellow passengers, according to Sea-Tac Airport spokesman Perry Cooper.

An hour into the Seattle to Beijing flight, Joseph Hudek IV rose from his first-class seat, walked to the bathroom and 2-minutes later, lunged towards the forward right exit door of the aircraft, grabbed the handle and pulled!

Highley wrote that one flight attendant then hit Hudek over the head with two wine bottles.

One of the flight attendants who was attacked asked several passengers for help and alerted the pilot to the security issue.

A man who attacked two flight attendants and several passengers while he tried to open an exit door mid-flight yelled, 'Don't you know who I am?', according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. There were 207 passengers on board, according to Delta.

According to one flight attendant cited in the complaint, "Hudek did not seem impacted by the breaking of a full liter red wine bottle over his head, and instead shouted, 'Do you know who I am?' or something to that extent".

Osinbajo, Dogara mourn Maitama Sule
According to him, his dad's remains would be flown to Nigeria tomorrow for a befitting burial, according to Muslim rites. Sule's sojourn into Nigerian Politics began in 1976 after he became the Federal Commissioner of public complaints.

Hudek is the son of a Delta airlines employee.

Delta Air Lines confirmed the incident in a Monday statement to International Business Times.

The Atlanta-based airline said the flight re-departed for Beijing later on Thursday.

One flight attendant and a passenger were taken to a hospital after suffering severe facial injuries, according to authorities. The Times reported that Delta Air Lines' chief operating officer, Gil West, commended the crew "for their fast action in keeping our customers and each other safe in a potentially risky situation".

Had the plane been flying at a lower altitude, the door could have opened with the lever released halfway, a flight attendant said.

Hudek was charged with interfering with a flight crew.

That carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison and fines up to $250,000.

He is expected to remain in custody at least until a detention hearing on July 13. When he emerged, he lunged for the exit door and tried to open it.