Man charged with keeping neighbour in pit is held on $1M bond

Adjust Comment Print

According to CBS News, the OH mom reported her daughter missing to the authorities in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Ohio. Police in Blanchester, about 40 miles northeast of Cincinnati, said the owner of the shed, Dennis Dunn, was arrested on Wednesday and was taken to a hospital.

A man accused of keeping a 30-year-old woman captive in a small pit underneath his shed is being held on $1million bond. She said she has been friends with Dunn for 5 years.

Dunn was charged earlier this month with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana. Police found the woman in a hole covered with wood and other heavy objects. Four hours later, police say a man walked out the front door "like he was going for a stroll".

"(She) appeared to be suffering a seizure", Reinbolt's department said in a news release. She didn't appear to have been injured.

Dunn also called police five times over two days in early April claiming he could hear voices and that people had broken into or were attempting to break into his home, where he lived alone.

Chevron shares jump about 2% on strong earnings beat
Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) will have earnings take center stage when the firm posts their results on 4/28/2017 8:30:00 AM. Finally, New Capital Management LP bought a new position in Chevron during the fourth quarter valued at about $171,000.

"He never seemed like the type to do something like this, he never came off that way to me - definitely not to kidnap somebody", says Emily Noe, a neighbor.

And when police went to check, they found Elliott.

Police say the woman's mother called about 4 report that she heard crying from a shed on Dunn's property. Elliott declined to participate in any prosecution of Dunn in that case.

Dunn couldn't be reached for comment while in custody Wednesday, and it couldn't be determined whether he had an attorney who could comment on the accusations against him. On April 2, neigbors called police after Dunn was seen brandishing a pistol in the yard of his home. But officers found no one else inside.

After those police runs, Dunn was taken to Clermont Mercy Hospital for psychiatric evaluation, and was later released.

At around 4 p.m. the next day Dunn called police again complaining that people were trying to break into his house, Reinbolt said, and an officer responded and again found no one. His first court appearance has been scheduled for Thursday.