Suspect ID'd in fatal shooting of East Baton Rouge deputy

Adjust Comment Print

Wiley, 30, has not been officially charged with Anderson's death, said Trooper Bryan Lee, spokesman for State Police Troop A. The agency continues to investigate the shooting, Lee said. Authorities have not said how many times he was shot.

More sad news from the law enforcement community as we learn that a Deputy with the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Department is killed in the line of dutyl.

Linetta Roach, owner of Classic Cuts hair salon on O'Neal Lane, says she was in Houston, TX when she learned that the incident occurred at her business.

Anderson died at a local hospital.

Meals on Wheels' support soars after Trump eyes cuts
She said the agency works with the Office of Elderly Affairs which gets meals to residents at senior centers and their homes. The Osceola Council on Aging Meals on Wheels program raised more than $20,000 at its annual March for Meals 5K Saturday.

"It's a tragic night for the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office", the Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said.

Wiley, who was also shot in the incident that left Sergeant Shawn T. Anderson dead, is said to be in critical condition at a Baton Rouge-area hospital. She said she cried and begged him to stop - to no avail - as he removed her trousers and assaulted her.

In 2010, WBRZ-TV reports Wiley pled guilty to giving a tattoo to a minor. On Friday, she did discuss the events in detail, which lead investigators to search on Saturday for Wiley. Those charges were reduced to aggravated battery in a plea agreement in 2005, and he was sentenced to 13 months in prison, according to court records. Just two months later, he was back in jail, accused of licking the chest of a ten year old. He was booked with possession of a stolen firm and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, but was never prosecuted. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to four months in parish prison.

His Facebook page also promotes several late-night tattoo parties at the salon, at least one of which Wiley wrote in a December post would run from 10 2 a.m. The charge was reduced from indecent behavior with a juvenile to inciting a felony in a plea agreement so the victim would not have to testify at a trial, according to notes written on a bill of information.