Three years after the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, the families of those onboard have launched a campaign to fund a private search for the aircraft.
The passenger plane disappeared on March 8, 2014, while flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, China, with 239 people on board.
In January, Australian Transport Safety Bureau head Greg Hood said it was "highly likely" the plane's wreckage was north of the area where authorities had searched.
Ms Gomes said that through online fundraising and corporate donations, families hope to raise at least $15 million to pursue the search in the new area recommended by the experts. But the Australian Govement has already vetoed the idea.
Last year, China, Australia and Malaysian governments, who have helped fund the search, said they would resume the investigation only if any credible evidence on the whereabouts of the plane emerges. "We are speaking to ATSB and all say that they will support us", she said.
Jacquita Gomes, whose husband was a flight attendant on the plane, said families have no choice but to take matters into their own hands by raising the money.
Ireland: Left-Wing Sinn Fein Make History in Best Ever Election
Because of the power-sharing arrangement in Northern Ireland, the precise balance of parliamentary power is not very important. It had been instigated by First Minister Arlene Foster, head of the DUP, when she was economy minister.
"This isn't over and MH370 can not remain a mystery", Ms Weeks, who travelled to Kuala Lumpur for the event, told The Star. Jiang Hui, whose mother was on the plane, recounted his experience discovering a piece of potential MH370 debris in Madagascar a year ago.
"I thought it was very miraculous and fortunate when I found the piece of debris that day, but I thought it was useless because this sort of searching activity should have been done by the government", she said, according to Sky News.
The Transport Minister said he has had good dialogues with family members who have come up with good proposals.
He said the government would also ramp up separate efforts to search for debris off the coast of Africa, where plane parts have been found recently.
A number of theories abound as to the plane's fate, including a fire on board, hijacking or terror plot, rogue pilot action and mechanical or structural failure, Sky News reports.